Matthew 7:24-27; 23:29-33; Isaiah 59:1-21.
Prayer For Breaking Generational Occult Curses
Lord, I come before you today wishing to be made clean and loosed from generational curses of divorce, idolatry, fantasy, lust and any generational curses. I renounce all contacts and influences with anything occult or satanic now and in my heritage. I cancel all Satan’s claims against me in accordance with Deut 7:26 and II Cor 6:14-15. I recognize and repent for the breaking of the following commandments by my ancestors.
Ex 20:3 Thou shalt have no other gods before me. Ex 20:4 Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth.
I recognize the worship of false gods in my generational heritage is like a weed planted in life that links me to satanic forces loosed in previous generations by those that willingly violated these commandments and others. This weed has a long root going straight down through future generations and represents the evil and continuing influences of my ancestors who worshiped false gods. It is like spiritual adultery.
I cut this root in the name of Jesus in accordance with Matthew 15: 13 which says, Every plant which my Heavenly Father has not planted will be uprooted.
In the name of Jesus, I ask you now to release me from every curse over my life according to Galatians 3:13-14 which says: Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree: That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.
I repent of the sin of rebellion of my ancestors which according to I Sam 15:23 is as the sin of witchcraft. This is an expression of their rebellion against God to manipulate, intimidate and dominate other Christians.
Lord, even as your son Jesus Christ pleaded repentance for me as He bled on the cross and died, I plead forgiveness and repentance for my ancestors that have committed these terrible sins. I ask that through the blood of Jesus, their effect on my life may be nullified. I forgive them for what they have done and hope that someday in someway they can come to the knowledge and conviction of these sins and accept repentance and forgiveness for themselves.
I bless all those in my ancestral line that have caused curses to come upon me in accordance with Luke 6:28 which commands me to: Bless them that curse you, and pray for them which despitefully use you.
I confess my faith in Christ Jesus and His sacrifice on my behalf in accordance with Heb 3:1; 11:6, Mark 9:23; Matt 17:19-21.
Lord Jesus Christ, I confess that I have sinned against you and I ask that you forgive me for all my sins. I believe with all my heart that you are the Son of God. You left your throne of glory in heaven and became a man. You lived in this world and were tempted in all things like as we are, yet without sin. Then, you went to the cross and laid down your life. Your precious blood was poured out for my redemption. You rose from the dead and ascended into heaven. You are coming again in all your glory. I give my life to you and ask that you come into my heart in the fullest measure possible, that I may live with you eternally in Jesus name. Amen. In the name of Jesus, I renounce all forms of idolatry, all objects used in representing false gods and all of the works of Satan in satanic worship.
I break any contracts in blood or in words that any of my ancestors may have made with Satan. I renounce and break any dedication of children in my generational line to Satan that may have affected and kept me from worshipping and serving Christ as I desire.
Checklist#`- Identify any of the following spiritual problems which occurred:
- Occult Activity:
- An Unusual, Violent or Untimely Death: an accidental or sudden, unresolved grief, murder, attempted murder, (committed) suicide or the pattern in the male line of the family, of dying at an early age.
- The Uncommitted Dead: those who died without a proper burial or without being committed (entrusted) to the Lord; those who died in wars, those who were lost at sea, aborted, miscarried, born as still birth etc.; likewise those who died in a mental institution, a nursing home or a prison; those who were not given a Christian burial including a committal or memorial service or prayer or who were (for whatever reason) buried but un-mourned.
- Sexual Sins:
- Adultery and or fornication
- Homosexuality or lesbianism
- Sexual perversions such as bestiality
- Sexual promiscuity
- Sexual addictions
- Unusual sexual practices involving bondage, pain etc.
- Abuse: sexual, physical, verbal or emotional.
- Addictive Behaviors: excessive exercise, spending or work addictions, drug, food, gambling, sexual, alcohol or nicotine addictions etc.
- Repetitive Sins: lying, cheating, stealing, gossiping, criticizing etc.
- Possession or Soul Bondage: being previously dependent upon and now tied to someone who is dead (for example, one parent who was dominating and the other submissive).
- Destructive or Abnormal Patterns of Relationship: divorce, abandonment, someone attracted to individuals with problems or troubles.
- Historical Family Trauma: massacres, plagues, slavery, conquests, ethnic-origin issues (relating to the history of their race).
- Religious History: non-Judeo and non-Christian religions particularly Eastern religions.
- In-utero Wounding: research shows some children have memories recorded in their subconscious experiences from conception (most can remember as early as the fourth month of pregnancy). Examples follow:
- A child conceived in lust or rape
- A parent who followed through with – or considered – adoption or abandonment
- A mother who had a miscarriage (or miscarriages) or abortion before the seeker conceived.
- Fears and/or anxieties (as in the mother having difficulty carrying the child to full term).
- Young Childhood Trauma and/or Rejection Experienced Through:
- Ambivalence or rejection from either parent.
- Loss of their father or their mother
- A life-threatening illness of the baby.
- A father or mother who abandoned the family.
- A child who was adopted or sent to live with other relatives.
- Any unnatural fear(s) of either the parents or other relatives.
- Rejection and Lack of Self-worth: The most common ways the roots of past generational sins are manifested are through rejection, self-rejection, fear of rejection, lack of self-worth and depression – all of which share many of the following characteristics:
- A withdrawn personality – a tendency to please
- Agony within – the development of a façade
- Hunger or starvation for love – insecurities, inferiorities
- Feelings of unworthiness – self-hate
- Feelings of abandonment – self-accusing
- No lasting relationships – can’t accept or give love.
- Internal hurt and pain – they don’t know who they are
- Can’t accept the love of others
- A propensity to earn acceptance – have a propensity toward pro-by being good or hard-working miscuous love or affection.
Checklist #2 – Identify what you consider to be “patterns of sin” within your family tree (add others as you identify them: anger, jealousies, holding grudges, greed, unforgiveness, vengeance, having a temper, arrogance, materialism, stubbornness, exhibiting cold love, nudity.
Checklist #3 – Identify health problems that seem to be prominent within your family (again feel free to add to this listing): cancer, diabetes, arthritis, headaches, heart problems, mental illness, forgetfulness, ulcers, skin problems, nervous breakdowns, respiratory trouble, mental disorders, psychological problems, high blood pressure, addictions.
Prayer For Healing of Generational Sins and Iniquities
Generational sins and iniquities of the Old Testament are replicated in the incurable diseases of today. The Good News is that because Jesus bore our sins and our iniquities, we can be set free. Despite this fact, we still have to appropriate the power of the cross, sometimes in very specific ways in order to receive the desired freedom (Acts 19:18-19, Eph 4:28). In prayer the seeker should:
- Affirm your belief in what Christ did for you on the cross. Thank Him for the blessing of grace, the forgiveness of sin, the blood of Jesus and the oil of the Holy Spirit.
- Reaffirm your baptismal vows; accept Jesus as your Lord and Savior and ask Him to come into your heart anew. Promise to follow and obey Him as your Lord.
- Repent of any sins of idolatry (known and unknown).
- Ask God to show you where the original sin (the root cause) began. Ask Him to let you “see” the experience and those involved in it.
- Confess the sin of your ancestors: “I confess the sin of my ancestors, my parents and my own sin of ———————“ (repeat this for each generational sin).
- Forgive the original sinner (they may not have known the significance of what they were doing) – as Jesus asked for forgiveness for His offenders while on the cross (Luke23:34).
- Extend forgiveness to the original sinner on behalf of all family members. “I chose to forgive and release ——————-for the sin and the consequences of ———(name the sin) in my life and in the lives of my predecessors.”
- Ask God to forgive you for any present or past fruits of this sin within in your own life or within the life of immediate family members: “I ask you to forgive me, Lord fir this sin ———–for yielding to it and for the resulting curses imposed upon me and members of my family.”
- Intercede before God for the sinner and ask that he (or she) be forgiven (again as Jesus did – and continues to do for us). If the Lord has shown you a mental picture of those who committed the original heredity sin, ask that Jesus come into the mental picture. Continue praying until you see them come to Jesus in submission or until their clothing or countenance changes from dark to light or you see them kneel before Jesus asking for forgiveness.
- Ask (if possible) that they be allowed to come to an understanding knowledge of the Lord Jesus Christ, when they choose to do so.
- If there are any uncommitted deceased predecessors within your family line, mourn for them and pray for God to receive them in love and commit them to the Lord asking Him to receive them. Pray for those who’ve grieved over these lost ones that they may be comforted in knowing these individuals are now with the Lord. Pray they too will release these deceased to God.
- Pray the prayers in the section on “Healing from Curses” in order to break any curses that may have developed. Then bless the one who initiated the curse.
- Renounce any occult influence in the name of Jesus Christ.
- Pray that the cross of Jesus be placed between the sin and the rest of the family (past and present) and that the sin be covered by the blood of Jesus.
- Pray that the seeker and all within the family line are loosed from this sin and the resulting iniquities.
- Pray to be used as a conduit of His love and power so all those the family line may be freed from any bondage, pain or sin.
- Send forgiveness back to those in past generations on behalf of all family members living or dead.
- Ask for forgiveness for any way in which we may have given in to temptations of the sin – in the same way that past generations were tempted.
- Review the information on blood covenants and pray to the Lord asking Him to break all blood oaths or witchcraft curses upon any individuals within your generational line.
- Pray that all the children of present family members also be loosed.
- Give thanks to God for these healings.
Move on to the next generational influence (the behavior) which God wants to heal. You will need to repeat the above process for each separate evil influence. It may take some time but will well worth the effort.