A Message For Pastors
We love and appreciate pastors and pastoral ministries. Please read on to see how our ministry can bless you and your people. We will use a bullet point approach:
- We ourselves take a very pastoral approach to helping people. We approach people with love, grace and mercy, and we take our time to discover what they have been through in their lives, and what aspects of their lives have been affected by rough times, what needs healing and how to bring them to wholeness. Demonic oppression is often present, but it is not our focus, wholeness for the person is our ultimate goal.
- We don’t take a ‘demons first’ approach, rather we are a ‘people first’ ministry. We are well equipped to handle demonic oppression, and we see it frequently in dedicated Christians, but we start and continue pastorally. See our page on Deliverance Ministry for more background. Our ministry is not primarily about demons any more than the Exodus was primarily about Pharoah. We stress God’s love, the authority of Christ and the healing and restoring of the Holy Spirit.
- We believe and teach that biblical discipleship is key to spiritual freedom. This includes rigorous Bible study, a life of prayer, dedicated obedience to the Lord Jesus Christ and the leading of the Holy Spirit. As it is written, “But don’t just listen to God’s word. You must do what it says. Otherwise, you are only fooling yourselves.” James 1:22 NLT. We stress this to everyone we work with.
- We believe that quality pastoral care is key to lasting freedom. People who are healing from past hurts or are battling spiritual oppression will not do very well in isolation. They need people who will care, pray and also hold them to account. Whether it is 1:1 pastoral attention, small groups or other expressions of Christian community, pastoral care is essential. We stress this to everyone. It says, “Share each other’s burdens, and in this way obey the law of Christ.” Gal. 6:2 NLT.
- We see ourselves as being on the same page and the same team as pastors. We have ministered to pastors in need, pastors have referred their people to us, and we encourage everyone we work with to be part of a healthy church.
- We teach and train people how to be better equipped to do spiritual warfare, pray for the sick and minister deliverance. We will customize a free training event for you and your church or other group of any size. Training is very important to us, and our website and YouTube page show how we approach equipping.
If we are honest, we must admit that deliverance ministries and pastors have not always understood or appreciated each other. We think that it is time for us to talk with each other and to work together, to “equip the saints for the work of ministry, for building up the body of Christ.” Eph. 4:12 ESV
We’d love to talk with you about how our ministry could be a blessing to your church. Email us at MultiplyingFreedom@gmail.com